Holistic Health & Wellness Coaching
with Keith Knoebel, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Holistic Health Coach
To positively empower health from within and discover what "healthy" means for you.
There is no “one size fits all diet,” and to be frank, I don’t even believe in the word, “diet.” I provide customized health and lifestyle solutions to help you be and feel your best.
Health Coaches are knowledgeable advisors who provide ongoing support and guidance as you set goals and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness. As your Health Coach, I will listen carefully and help you to navigate the world of contradictory nutrition & lifestyle advice to determine what changes are necessary for you.
Your personalized program will radically improve your health and happiness. Together, we will explore concerns specific to you and your body and discover the tools you need for a lifetime of balance.
I practice a holistic approach to health and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. Does stress at your job or in your relationship cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole.
Together we’ll work to reach your health goals in areas such as achieving optimal weight, reducing food cravings, increasing sleep, and maximizing energy. As we work together, you’ll develop a deeper understanding of the food and lifestyle choices that work best for you and implement lasting changes that will improve your energy, balance and health.
Here are some concepts that we will explore during our work together:
Bio-individuality™: The concept of bio-individuality is that each person has unique food and lifestyle needs. One person’s food is another person’s poison, and that’s why fad diets tend to fail in the long run. Working on the principle of bio-individuality, I’ll support you to make positive changes that are based on your unique needs, lifestyle, preferences, and ancestral background. I use a personalized, holistic approach to ensure that you will have great success!
Primary Food™: It’s easy to overlook all of the things that contribute to our sense of nourishment and fulfillment. It’s not just the food we eat, but all of the other factors present in our daily lives. Healthy relationships, a fulfilling career, regular physical activity and a spiritual awareness are essential forms of nourishment. When these “primary foods” are balanced, what you eat becomes secondary. I will support you in achieving all of your goals, from eating the right foods for your body to living an inspired, fulfilling life.
Integrative Nutrition™ Plate: The Integrative Nutrition Plate emphasizes the importance of local and organic produce, whole grains, high-quality proteins, plant-based fats, and water. It shows you how a plate should appear at mealtime and emphasizes the importance of proportions and portion size. To complete the picture, the plate is surrounded with lifestyle factors that create optimal health: relationship, career, physical activity and spirituality. I’ll introduce you to some of the healthiest foods on the planet and teach you how to find what’s healthiest for your unique body!
Your program with me includes...
- two 50-minute sessions per month
- e-mail support between sessions
- recipes that are healthy and simple to prepare
- coaching and support to help you make the dietary and lifestyle changes you want
- simple but informative handouts that will increase your nutrition knowledge
- access to my monthly newsletter with the latest health tips and recipes
- my personal commitment to your health and success
To help you augment your fitness goals, Anu Fitness Club offers you our Metabolism Measurement, Food Nutrient Analysis and healthy supplements:
Measure your Daily Calorie needs with MetaCheck:
A new test (a 15-minute breathalyzer test) that can measure your resting metabolic rate! This test is three-fold:
First it measures your "resting metabolic rate" - exactly how many calories you require each day to maintain your normal body functions (brain, cardio-pulmonary, kidney functions etc). How many calories would you need to maintain these bodily functions if you were to lie in bed all day?
Then it then calculates your caloric requirements for your personal "activities of daily living". How many calories do you need to fuel yourself for work, errands, children, daily life?
Lastly, it measures how many calories you burn during an hour of moderate exercise.
Understanding your personal caloric needs (these three components) is the key to successful weight loss, maintenance or gain of lean body mass. Metabolisms vary significantly from person to person and this machine allows for a state-of-the-art assessment that is equivalent to what you would receive in a hospital setting. With this individualized information, I can tailor a food/nutrient/caloric plan that is right for you and your body to achieve your goal and enhance your natural metabolism. If you are not feeding yourself correctly, you actually could be fooling your body into slowing it’s metabolism to survive!
If you have already had your metabolic rate tested and have been on a diet for 6-8 weeks it is essential to re-test it in order to assure that your metabolism is not dropping significantly.
This metabolic test is also an excellent way to monitor how your training is affecting your metabolic rate and how to adjust your training to meet your personal goals. As you build lean muscle, your will increase your metabolism. It takes more energy (calories) to maintain muscle than to maintain fat, so through strength-training, you will increase lean muscle, thereby increase your metabolism and you will burn more calories throughout the day resulting additional fat loss!
& get this printout->
Know the nutrients you're really getting from your food:
Supplements that support a healthy lifestyle & weight-loss program:
For Optimal Health (for everyone):
- Active Multi-vitamins for missing vitamins & minerals
- Essential Fatty Acids liquid or gelcaps: all your omega needs for total health!
- L-Carnitine amino acid for energy
- Alpha Lipoic Acid anti-oxidants for energy & anti-aging
- CO Q 10 antioxidant, boosts immune system, converts food to energy
- Green Tea Extract anti-oxidant properties
- Ultra Veggie Enzymes for proper digestive health
For Weight Loss:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid anti-oxidant for carb processing & blood-sugar stability
- Healthy Weight blood sugar stability for appetite control w. green tea extract
- Tonalin CLA reduces fat & increases lean muscle
- L-Carnitine amino acid that breaks down fat to produce energy
- Green Tea Extract reduces carb absorption, burns fat, stabilizes blood sugar
For Healthy Hearts & Energy:
- CO Q 10 studies show it significantly improves heart muscle functions
- L-Carnitine required by your heart to provide energy to keep beating!
- Active Women’s Multi-Vitamin provides missing vitamins & minerals
- Calcium & Magnesium promotes healthy bones & minimizes menstral issues
- Active Men’s Multi-Vitamin provides missing vitamins & minerals
- L-Arginine increases blood flow, stimulates protein syntheses
For Digestive Issues:
- Suprema-Dophilus probiotic; beneficial bacteria for digestive health
- Magnesium Citrate constipation issues
- Ultra Veggie Enzymes reduces digestive problems (gas, bloating, IBS, heartburn)
- Clear Fiber improves constipation, heart & cholesterol, controls appetite